Saturday 15 October 2011

Mobile Blogging with Siri

Decided today to give blogging a try with the new Siri application on the iPhone. I had an iPhone before and I downloaded the blogger application but this was the first time I was actually going and dictate what I wanted to say.

The news Siri application has been rather good there's a few bugs and it does struggle with my accent but that's more to do with how I speak than the application itself. What I have found is when I've got more info on my phone it struggles between what I want to know and what information I have. In my fact for instance I asked earlier when Mark's birthday was but fortunately I have five marks in my phonebook so Siri said which one do you want.

This means that I need to be more specific with my questions and means my accent gets in the way as mentioned earlier. The big thing I find my is when dictating this into blogger it doesn't take my punctuation into account it just keeps on writing so I do have to actually go back and edit.

All in all I'm very happy with siri and the blogger application together. This actual blog post has take me just a few moments to get out where's normally I'd be hammering away keyboard just trying to get out the post

No comments:

Post a Comment